Today’s Top 5 (Jogging) Tracks
Do you listen to music when you exercise? Why? Last night my friends and I all sighted different reasons. Amy likes an inspirational pump-up, pop songs, whereas I often prefer something a bit ‘angrier’ with a strong beat like Linkin Park (yes I still love that album!).
But when it comes to jogging I often get frustrated because the beat on the songs changes and that interrupts my jogging pace. And when you buy those jogging compilations they are full of pop songs that I’ve either never heard of or are just not that in to. I’ve tried jogging without music, but I get bored and this is often the reason I stop after 30 minutes (yes a short attention span here)!
Now before you go any further may I just say this: I used to be a massive music snob. I was a 90s punk-rock-ska kid. I could never have liked anything as mainstream as a pop song. But then I grew up. If the song makes me happy or moves me emotionally, and yes pop songs (and any genres) can do this! So I am no longer a music snob and I have no time for them either!!!
Today however I ended up with BBC Radio 1’s Live Lounge, Volume 5 (so all acoustic – oh yeah). And my top 5 tracks to listen to were:
- The man who Can’t be moved – Cover by N-Dubz: this surprised me because although not really a pump-up song it has a great beat and is emotional enough!
- Ego – The Saturdays: please don’t judge me! But their harmonies live really are tight!
- Sweet Disposition – The Temper Trap: I’d forgotten how sweet this song is after it had been over played. Again it turns out it has a really good jogging beat.
- My Hero – Dave Grohl: need I say any more…
- Bang bang bang – Mark Ronson & The Business International: now this song used to really annoy me.. but today the beat just got me going. And it is just silly… and when I’m out enjoying myself I am also a dag (for those of you overseas… that means silly too).
What have a learned from this? I need to rethink my jogging Playlists seriously.
What music do you listen to when you workout? Can you make any good suggestions?